|Manufacturer||Dif-e-Yo (spin top bearing tips produced by YoYoJam)|
|Color||Raw Silver (weight rings come in black or blue)|
|Dimensions|| Diameter: 54mm |
|Material|| Aluminum with rubber weight rings and plastic spin top bearing tips |
(optional rubber rings on the rims)
|Bearing size||KonKave bearing|
|Response system||.555 Dif Pads|
The effect was to produce a very solid and stable yo-yo/spin top hybrid. Willie shows the potential of the Spike-Fly in the highly entertaining video, Metal Madness. The Spike-Fly can also be equipped with rubber rings on the rims, so that it could also be used for offstring (4A) play, making for a versatile, multi-style yo-yo.
Also released was an all-aluminum variant, the Gladiator, which has spikes machined into the sides of the body.
- Dif-e-Yo Gladiator - An all-metal version of the Spike-Fly.
- P213 - DocPop's hybrid spin top/yo-yo design concept.
- YoYoJam Triple Jam - A multi-style yo-yo made of plastic, rubber, and Heavy Gravity. Usable for 1A/3A/4A/5A.
- YoYoSpin Terror Tops - One-piece wooden yo-yos with spin top tips on the sides, produced by Ed Davidson.
- The use of the bearing tips on the sides of the yo-yo could be seen as an early concept of the modern side cap bearings.
- In some respects, the Spike-Fly resembled Ed Davidson's Terror Tops, especially with the spin top tips on its sides.
Metal Madness video